Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy
Are you an adult who is interested in learning BJJ for fitness, self-defense, or competition? We offer Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes for adults, both with and without the gi, with separate classes for adults and teens. Click below for class info…Read More
Are you looking for martial arts classes for children in the South Austin or Dripping Springs area? Find out how your child can develop valuable skills that help them achieve more in school and life! Click below for more info:Read More
Here’s how you can get in great shape, learn self-defense, and have a blast… with Joao Crus Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!
“Who Else Wants To Get In Great Shape While Learning The Most Effective Self-Defense System In The World… Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!”
Dear future student,
- Would you like to get in great shape while learning REAL self-defense skills?
- Would you like to find a sport for your kids where courtesy and sportsmanship is more important than winning?
- Do you want a fantastic workout for you or your kids that is never boring and that will continue to challenge you for years to come?
My name is Joao Crus, and I’m the owner and head instructor here at Joao Crus Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Austin and Dripping Springs, TX. Here at Joao Crus BJJ Academy, for more than a decade we’ve been teaching kids and adults the “gentle art” of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Why Is It Called “The Gentle Art” If It’s So Great For Self-Defense?
Jiu-jitsu literally means “the gentle art” in Japanese. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (“BJJ” for short) is a martial art that developed in Brazil during the 20th century, but it has its roots in Japanese jiu-jitsu and judo.
When Japanese immigrants brought judo to Brazil, they initially taught a version of judo that was closer to the old-style of jiu-jitsu, one that focused on subduing a bigger, stronger attacker with throws, locks, chokes, pins, and holds.
The Brazilians who learned this art were quick to adapt it and then test it out in rough and tumble challenge matches that welcomed all comers. Over the years they proved Brazilian jiu-jitsu to be a highly effective martial art in challenge matches against wrestlers, boxers, karate men, and street fighters.
This practice eventually led to the creation of MMA, where BJJ is still a dominant fighting art that is practiced by most of the top competitors in professional competition.
Preserving The Gentle But Effective Art Of Jiu-JItsu…
However, in modern times many Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners have sought to preserve the traditions of the art, while maintaining the practical aspects gained during those early years in Brazil. These instructors want to retain the integrity of the art, while promoting positive values and a family-friendly training atmosphere in their schools.
This is exactly the legacy that we uphold here at Joao Crus Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. We teach the pure art of jiu-jitsu and maintain the practical aspects of the style, while also upholding the classical martial art legacy of jiu-jitsu and teaching it as a vehicle for personal growth and self-improvement.
What Will I Learn In Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?
When you train in jiu-jitsu here at our academy, you’ll learn:
- How to use leverage and skill instead of size and strength to overcome a stronger, larger attacker…
- How to use locks, throws, sweeps, takedowns, chokes, and pins to subdue an opponent, without having to resort to striking and kicking as in other martial art styles…
- And, kids will learn how to think for themselves as they progress through our unique children’s martial arts curriculum. They’ll also learn valuable interpersonal communication and bully-proofing skills that enable them to stand up for themselves without having to resort to violence…
Interested? Great, because we’d love to have you and your family here training with us and enjoying all the benefits that Brazilian jiu-jitsu training can provide.
Here’s How You Can Get Started And Save Over $300 Today!
Ready to get started? Here’s how…
To get started today, I’d like to invite you to take advantage of one of our limited-time, no-obligation introductory offer.
$400 Worth Of Training And Equipment For Just $99!
This offer includes:
- 30 Days of Unlimited Group Classes (a $130 value) –
- A FREE Jiu-Jitsu Uniform (a $120 value) –
- A 30-Minute Private Lesson (a $100 value) –
- And Our Beginner Curriculum Video (retails for $50) –
That’s a total package value of $400.00, but as a new student here at Joao Crus Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, you can have this entire package for just $99!
Please note that there is no further obligation or commitment required to take advantage of this offer. That’s because we want you and your family to have every opportunity to see what we’re all about and to experience the benefits of jiu-jitsu firsthand.
To get started now, call us at (512) 644-4560, or fill out the form below and a school representative will follow up with you to schedule your first lesson.
Remember, we may change this offer at any time, so call or fill out the response form on this page today to take advantage of this special while it lasts.